Agape Christian Church
2501 California St
Denver CO 80205 303.296.2454
Our challenge is to take the Gospel to the whole person. Our mission is Christ's mission, "To preach the Gospel to the poor, to proclaim release to the captives, and to the recoveryof sight to the blind, to set free those who are downtrodden to proclaim the favorable year of the Lord. Luke 4:18 & 19
We, therefore are committed to the following objectives:
1. To proclaim verbally and authentically, the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the poor and unforunate who live in the inner city of Denver.
2. To foster community development through meeting human needs, whether they are spiritual, physical, educational or economic.
3. To develop indigenous leadership in the poor community through spiritual, vocational and economic training.
4. To develop strong family units in the poor community through pastoral care, counseling and discipleship.
5. To join together with other Christian, creating a strong network to minister to the needs of inner-city people in a holistic manner from a local church in the community.
To promote lasting reconcilliation across racial, cultural, social, economic, and other barriars by coming together as a diverse group to work, worship and share lives as the Body of Christ.
Make a joyful noise
Perform with our choir, the Agape Church Choir.
Be a greeter/usher
This is a great way to get to know members.
Behind the scenes
Join our technical, grounds or kitchen crews.
Agape Christian Church, An Inner City Ministry...
Food Bank - A weekly food bank for churchand non-church members who are unemployed, underemployed, seniors, single parents and others with emergency needs. through its food bank, Agape seeks to give Christian witness to all who come.
Community Kitchen - A thriving Saturday outreach program that serves around 125 people a hot home cooked, sit down meal each week.
Youth Group - Friday 6:00pm. Devotional Bible classes, fun and games for chrildren in the 10 to 16 year old group.
Christian Brotherhood - A men's fellowship group, training for leadership and service within the church and in the world.
Ladies' Circle Meeting - A women's fellowship group, training women for leadership and service. It includes bible study and prayer time,and a time to plan church events. This is also a time for the Ladies Only to plan other exciting chruch events.